Updated: Nov 16, 2020
Applying Gamification to Learn Leadership of Change
Change management gamification is a growing trend which helps to engage employees by using gaming methods. Gamification can be defined as a set of activities to solve change management implementation challenges by applying gaming characteristics to learning.
The games focus on how to implement organisational change to achieve a return on investment, employee adoption and sustainable change. During the webinar the participants will get an overview of the game and then play a round of change management gamification leadership. The participants will select and implement their chosen change tactic and then see how the stakeholders react on the game board. The score and insights into how some of the stakeholders felt about your tactic could be either positive or negative.
Some benefits of gamification:
Work on a simulated business case study
Experiential learning with instant feedback
Fun and team learning
A safe learning environment
Immediately apply the learning back in the workplace
1. Speaker Introduction
2. What is Gamification Management Gamification?
3. Change Management Gamification Benefits
4. Game structure face-to-face
5. Game structure virtual
6. Game Overview
7. Case study and change disruption
8. Organigram of stakeholders
9. Selected stakeholders’ profiles
10. Play sample round
11. Change Management Framework
12. Change tactic 1
13. Change tactic 2
14. Plenary discussion on how stakeholders might react
15. Plenary voting on Change tactic 1 or 2
16. Stakeholder Reactions (Video)
17. Plenary discussion on stakeholder reaction
19. Questions and Answers
The audience will:
1. Get to play one round of change management gamification leadership.
2. Be able to discuss two change tactics
3. Vote one of the two change tactics.
4. Then see how the case study stakeholders will react on the game board to the highest vote tactic.
5. Gain insight into some of the stakeholder’s personal reaction to the change tactic (positive or negative).
6. Get the change to offer feedback on the change tactic and the game.
Peter F Gallagher is a Change Management Global Thought Leader, Expert, International Speaker, Author and Leadership Alignment Coach.
Ranked #1 Change Management Global Thought Leader: Top 50 Global Thought Leaders and Influencers on Change Management (May 2020) by Thinkers360.
Business Book Ranking: Change Management Pocket Guide - Leadership of Change® Volume 2, ranked within the top 50 Business and Technology Books (Jan 2020) from Thinkers360 Thought Leaders.