Updated: Dec 4, 2021
Lean Leader Masterclass - Leadership of Improvement
Vistage Group CE5 - Birmingham – 1st July 1 2021
Last week I was speaking to a group of Vistage Chief Executives (Group CE 5) in Birmingham, UK in a Lean Leader Masterclass. With covid restrictions lifting, this is my first in-person workshop since delivering a Change Leadership Alignment Workshop in Dresden, Germany, March 2020. It is fantastic to be back delivering and engaging leaders face-to-face and it was great to work with Bob Battye, Vistage Group Chair CE 5 who has over 20 years’ experience running Peer groups and Leadership coaching.
The UK industry is coming under more and more pressure to improve organisation operating performance, reduce cost, improve quality and schedule delivery. We are already under-performing in comparison to other G7 countries and post Brexit delivering business improvement is an imperative organisation strategy. Building business improvement capability, selecting the right business improvement methodology and driving the programme is critical to get a return on investment (ROI) and start to improve organisation performance. This Lean Leader Masterclass is for executives who will lead or be part of a leadership team considering or currently implementing a business improvement programme into their organisation.
1. Change Disruption and 4IR:
· Recognise that 4IR will have a massive impact on the way we live, work, and socialise.
2. Strategic Planning:
· Appreciate the importance of linking lean to strategy.
3. Lean Leadership Masterclass (Main Session):
· Gain an overview of lean methodologies, tools and techniques.
· Experience Lean Simulation Phase 1 (As-Is).
· Perform a Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Exercise.
· Plan and Execute Lean Simulation Phase 2 using lean tools (To-Be).
4. Change Management:
· Understand it is an enabler to lean implementation and employee change adoption.
“Business improvement projects are more likely to fail due to people and communication challenges rather than the application of business improvement tools or methodologies”
a2B Consulting offering: C-Suite Change Consulting, Change Leadership Alignment, Change Management Gamification and Lean Leader Masterclasses.
Change Disruption and 4IR
Recognise that 4IR will have a massive impact on the way we live, work, and socialise
Appreciate the importance of linking lean to strategy
Lean Leadership Masterclass
Gain an overview of lean methodologies, tools and techniques
Experience a Lean Simulation Phase 1